Full-time British American Tobacco Ongoing Recruitment, Lagos, Nigeria
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
The Job : Export Freight Executive, British American Tobacco
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
To support the export logistics team to be an anticipatory pro-active unit that services it’s customers on time while acquiring “best value” in terms of cost, quality and minimum leadtime.
- Support the implementation of Logistics procedures and group best practices.
- Prepare all the shipping documentation as per Nigeria’s and receiving end-markets legal requirements to ensure smooth transfer of consignments.
- Ensure cost and quality optimisation and respect of the legislation in force in the end-to-end handling of materials and finished products.
- Establish partnership with forwarding agents and transporters, and ensure strict respect of any contractual obligations.
- Follow up with clearing agent the clearance and movements of export consignments.
- Maintain good working relationships across the supply chain, supporting the functions/departments involved with information and guidance
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Supply Chain processes especially logistics.
- BSc. or HND in Sciences or any relevant field
- Sound knowledge of legal requirements with respect to movement of cargo across ECOWAS
- Understanding of International Chamber of Commerce Incoterms and International Trade requirements in general
- Ability to operate across all hierarchy levels, providing information and support as required.
- Good inter-personal communication skills using electronic and other media.
- Very good self-organisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, work independently and deliver according to defined deadlines.
- Computer literate: ability to analyse and report data, using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and spreadsheet applications.
Minimum 3 (three) years’ experience in import/export clearance activities.
Familiarity with ERP systems and understanding of internal information flows.
17th June, 2016.
How To Apply