Full-time Brand Manager, Lager at Guinness Nigeria Plc
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
The Job : Head Marketing
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Reports To: Marketing Director
Context of the Role
- Guinness Nigeria plc is a strategically important market for Diageo and for the Global Lager Portfolio being one of the most competitive globally.
- The emergence of new Competition both nationally and regionally in the Lager Category in Nigeria has led to a significant shift in commercial emphasis.
- This role is important to establishing Nigeria as the #1 Beer Market globally.
- This role focuses on the step-change in investment and management of the Lager Category in Africa and beyond.
Purpose of the Role
- Continually identify and quantify new growth opportunities which drive equity and brand growth for the Lager Portfolio at both National and Regional level based on real consumer insights.
- Translate strategy into action by defining and implementing the Lager Strategy to achieve or exceed targeted NSV, Market Share and Volume objectives for Guinness Nigeria plc while managing A&P investment to plan.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager, Lager Team, and other Consumer Connections & Customer Marketing teams to grow the Guinness Nigeria Lager Portfolio aggressively through a relentless drive to deliver breakthrough opportunities.
- Work across all Nigeria to drive growth and profitability and to deliver market share
- Support the development of GAME Plans for Lagers in Nigeria and the execution of all lager brands initiatives.
- Brand and Commercial execution including evaluation of big ideas/Growth Drivers initiatives for the brands.
- Accountable for delivery of the annual operating plan for the brand
- Develop and seamlessly execute the annual brand plans ensuring plans are grounded on deep market and consumer insight and are in-line with Diageo global standards.
- Deliver brand strategy & advertising communication founded upon a deep understanding of the consumer to achieve agreed brand health targets.
- To deliver robust Measurement and Evaluation for all projects and effectively use search and spin
- Management of 3rd Party Goods and Suppliers with procurement.
- Maintain business critical controls and compliance documentation and adhering to smart brand approvals in accordance with the Diageo policy.
- 3 – 4 years’ experience
- With strong interpersonal skills to build good working relationships across all functions and markets
- Convincing Personality, good planner, self –starter and committed to results
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Commercial acumen, confident, enthusiastic and persuasive
- Attention to details/Good Project Management Skills
How To Apply