Full-time Babban Gona: Financial Controller Vacancy
Babban Gona is a high-impact, financially sustainable and highly scalable agricultural social enterprise that is part-owned by the farmers we serve. In recognition of the impact it has achieved thus far, it is the first for-profit social enterprise in history and the first Nigerian organisation to receive the prestigious Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship. The Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship is considered the equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize in the Social Entrepreneurship industry.
The Job : Financial Controller
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
About the Position:
Do you want to change the world by enabling 1 million people lift themselves out of poverty by 2025?
Do you want to build a first of its kind agricultural financial system that will provide over $1 Billion in financing to a million smallholder farmers across Africa by 2025?
If you answered yes to these questions join our team. Babban Gona seeks a passionate leader as our Financial Controller. We are seeking a passionate, driven, and knowledgeable professional with demonstrated leadership experience in leading the financial operations of an operation with broad branch network, large remotely located inventories and high transaction volumes organization.
The selected individual will work alongside Babban Gona’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in order to drive the achievement of Babban Gona’s overall organisational goals, while ensuring the financial health and growth of the company.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for maintaining accounting systems, managing cash flow and audit, and implementing financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation. The controller provides financial leadership and is instrumental in forming accounting strategies. They will oversee the Operations Finance department which includes the following functions: Treasury and Accounting, Payables, Float Management, Receivables, Bank Reconciliation and General Ledger Analysis, Financial Planning and Analysis, Reporting, Inventory & Financial Analysis and Price Intelligence. The Financial Controller will report to and assist the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and Board members.
Apply today, and join us as we transform Nigeria into a country where 1 million smallholder farmers are able to transition from subsistence farming to commercial farming by 2025, and agriculture becomes the basis for security and employment.
- Manage finance functions and oversee the operations finance
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial/grant reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Create, implement and maintain appropriate systems for internal
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, tracking of costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable,accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice where necessary.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Oversee the production of financial and managerial reports.
- Coordinate all audit activities.
- Oversee all tax and regulatory compliance issues.
- Supervises all country office bank relations and bank account activities including negotiation of fees, interest and currency exchange rates.
- Oversee the timely preparation, review and approval of all monthly bank account and cash reconciliations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years finance experience
- Master’s degree, in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics or Finance with a recognized professional certificate in accounting such as CPA
- Demonstrated experience in budgetary and control oversight and the creation of internal control processes
- Experience in managing highly decentralized branch operations and organization with large inventory spread out across regional warehouses.
- In-depth knowledge of the financial analysis, planning and reporting
- Knowledgeable in preparing financial reports for development partners
- Strong communication skills with the ability to give, prepare and present oral presentations
- Technical accounting skills
- Exposure to and oversight of implementing controls in high volume cash transactions
- Experience with coordinating audit activities and managing budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments.
- Ability to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers
- Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team with the foresight and ability to delegate accordingly
- Experience in tax preparation according to Nigerian laws.
How To Apply
All interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Plese use the job title as subjet of the mail