Full-time ARM Life Plc: Financial Accountant Recruitment
ARM Life is the insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non-bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management. Established in 1994, ARM started operations as a traditional asset management company specialising in the management of quoted equities and fixed income securities.
The Job : Financial Accountant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- The financial Accountant will mange the company’s financial accounting function, with responsibility for revenue, payments, banking, general ledger maintenance and system implementation
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The key responsibilities for the role are:
- Responsible for the preparation of the company’s monthly financial and management accounts.
- Interfacing with Tax consultants, Pension Fund Custodians, PenCom and the external auditors of the company.
- Develop and implements systems and procedures for capturing financial transactions
- Management of Company Income Tax and ensure efficient implementation of the tax policy
- Manage and analyse the firm’s expenses and advise management on cost management
- Responsible for third party (Bankers, Tax consultants, Pension Fund Custodians, PENCOM) liaison on behalf of the unit
- Monitor and ensure adherence to Service Level Agreements by the Team and other parties
- Ensure prompt postings of journal entries required for the preparation of management/ financial accounts as well as other reports are completed and available for use
- Responsible for Fixed Asset Management for the Company
- Assist in preparation of the company’s budgets, analyzing results and providing explanations for variances.
- Responsible for coordination of the monthly performance reviews (MPR) for all business units
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors for annual statutory accounts.
- Assisting in the enhancement of financial controls and the development of improved reporting systems via automation of operational processes.
- Assist in the preparation of financials for board meetings.
- Responsible for investigating areas where there are uncertainties in the completeness, accuracy and validity of information in the Balance sheet and Income Statement.
- Responsible for analyzing and reporting related party transactions for the company.
- Minimum – B.Sc, M.Sc, MBA
- A good first degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics or Business Administration
- Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), ACCA is compulsory
- Minimum of 5 years, post qualification experience with finance, tax and audit background is compulsory
- Business Advisory
- Process Improvement
- Business /operational Strtategy
- External Environment & Market Analysis
- Profit & Loss Management
- Regulatory Compliance
- Financial Accounting
- Stakeholder Management
- Knowledge Management
- Cost Optimization
- Financial Analysis
- Records Management
- Data Gathering & Analysis
- Customer Relationship Management
- Budget Planning & Control
How To Apply