Full-time APM Terminals: Rail Implementation Supervisor Vacancy
APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
The Job : Rail Implementation Supervisor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Apapa, Lagos
- APM Terminals is involved in the provision of handling services at rail terminal points in Nigeria.
- This position requires an individual to plan and coordinate these operations across a number of sites in the country, in agreement with the Business Development and Inland Services team.
- The role is nominally based in Apapa but will require frequent travel. It is a highly operational role
- This position Supervise the provision of cargo handling services at multiple sites, including management of third party labour services
- Supervise the provision of warehousing, storage and transportation services
- Liaise with rail service suppliers for smooth operations
- Coordinate collection of relevant data for cargo handling and warehousing services provided and deliver regular reports on operational performance
- Manage service quality and monitor customer satisfaction levels for key off-takers
- Maintain safe working environment by enforcing safety standards and processes
- Support management of internal and external stakeholders critical to successful implementation of rail interim project: including APMT procurement & finance teams, vendors and consultants.
We are looking for:
- The candidate must have at least 5 year experience in marine or inland logistics or transportation
- Must have Entrepreneurial spirit to manage new services being put in place
- Must be pragmatic, strong ability to deal with ambiguity
- Must be good at managing diverse stakeholders at different organizational levels.
- To a right candidate we offer value and team-based leadership, an open and engaging working environment, and a wide range of international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for personal growth in a dynamic environment.
Application Closing Date
11th January, 2018.
How To Apply