Full-time Andela: Communication Manager Vacancy
Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
The Job : Communication Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
The key attributes for this role are:
- Leadership, Team building and cross-cultural skills. You have significant experience leading strong teams, made up of young and dynamic high achievers. It is also important that you have a demonstrated understanding of what it takes to build high performance teams and a best in class communications department.
- Creative Problem Solving. You solve problems by creatively engaging with stakeholders both internally and externally with independence and fluency. You develop conceptual frameworks that guide problem solving analysis. You draw sound conclusions based upon a mixture of analysis and experience. You demonstrate content expertise through problem solving from multiple contexts.
- Strategic Thinking. You have a strong ability to think strategically and plan for the future. You are able to conceptualise, plan and execute communication strategies that engage Andela’s target audience, while also facilitating increases in engagements and impressions generated.
- Operational Excellence. Each department in Andela operates with initiatives that drive and contribute to the collective Andela vision. You have the capacity to multi-task across teams to amplify internal and external communications on marketing, advertising, branding and creative development ensuring consistency and on-strategy execution
- Demonstrated ability to manage strategic and crisis communication. You develop and maintain strong relationships with Andela’s senior management, staff, external agencies, press outlets, and others to engage them and support effective communication within and outside of organization. You are the key resource person to drive strategic and crisis communication should the need arise
- A deep commitment to our mission. You will have demonstrated an ability and interest in creating large-scale change and impact. This could be seen through your management of campaigns, and the media plans you have developed and executed.
Your typical day-to-day would involve:
- Leading the Andela Lagos Marketing & Communications team in planning and executing a number of strategic initiatives across PR, field marketing and digital marketing to bolster Andela’s presence in Nigeria
- Owning all Lagos press relationships, working closely with Lagos leadership and the global Andela Marketing organization to secure high-quality media coverage
- Building a scalable marketing program across digital and in-person touch-points, designed to significantly bolster the number of applications to Andela’s developer program
- Supporting the Nigeria Country Director in driving engagement among the Andela employee base through a variety of employee communications initiatives
- Serving as the Nigeria liaison to the global Andela Marketing organization, ensuring all Lagos marketing initiatives are aligned with the company’s core messaging and brand identity
Ideal candidates for this role will have:
- 5 years minimum experience in marketing/public relations, preferably with experience in the technology sector
- Strong existing relationships with, and extensive network of key business and technology-focused press contacts
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Creative and critical thinking skills with an ability to fluidly craft narratives
- Deep understanding of social media platforms and effective marketing strategies/techniques
- Experience developing and managing a culture of continuous learning and improvement
- Experience managing and coordinating, and working as part of teams to deliver on a tight schedule
- Work and living experience in emerging markets, particularly in Nigeria
- Record of strong academic performance from a leading academic institution
- Start-up experience, though this is not required
- A great personality and good heart; we have a “no jerk” policy
Benefits and Compensation:
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet.
- Oh, and a chance to change the world
How To Apply