Full-time Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA): Logistics Desk Manager Vacancy
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent medical aid organization based in Dakar, Senegal. ALIMA has three principal areas of expertise: providing medical care in humanitarian crises, supporting the development of national medical organizations, and conducting operational research to bring medical innovation to the field.
The Job : Logistics Desk Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Contract : Open Ended Contract, 3 months probationary period renewable once – maximum 6 months of probationary period.
- The Logistics Desk Manager guarantees technical and logistical support to the ALIMA missions, the relevance and coherence of logistics programs developed to support the activities and an adequate use of resources.
- He/she eventually participates in mission openings by the desk and does regular visits to support and strengthen the mission logistics departments.
Work on Design and Implementation of Projects:
- In the logistics department, contributes to develop logistics policies. Ensures compliance and monitoring of these policies within the operations carried out.
- Within the desk, participates in defining operational objectives and propose adequate logistics support to the missions.
- Contribute to develop projects and their budgets in his/her area of expertise
- Guarantees for carrying out, monitoring and evaluate logistics programs and activities
- Along with the procurement department, supervises the quality and adequacy of the needs, respect of plannings, organization of the means and the required follow-up to ensure a good quality of supply.
- Ensures that logistics and supply management tools are enforced in all missions and carry out their regular analysis
- In charge of the technical validation of logistics means according to the requirements and needs.
- Support the Country Supply Manager by sharing information of the Abuja local market to improve the efficiency of the overall supply.
- Contributes to the evaluation of the overall logistics HR needs at mission level according to the operations developed.
- Contributes in in the recruitment of expatriate logisticians to renew the pool.
- Contribute in the empowerment and training of logisticians, eventually during the
- training weeks with the support of the logistics department.
- Supports missions by defining the logistics objectives assigned to the Logistics
- Helps the missions to mitigate risks taken by teams.
- Contributes to enforce the PAX policy that fits with the EU list of non-approved airline companies.
- Support the mission to the proper use and reliability of all means and methods used for security and safety purpose.
- Delegates and contributes the definition and implementation of all passive/active security and safety policies (premises, management of movements, data protection, communication, air transport of PAX, health structures)
- This job description is not exhaustive. The Logistics Desk Manager may be required to fulfill others positions depending on the HR needs and operations carried out.
- Experienced Logistics Coordinator within int’l NGOs, with at least 24 months of successful missions.
- A Logistics Desk Manager experience is an asset.
- Experienced in management of logistics activities in NGOs.
- Experienced in working with medical NGOs.
- Fluent in both English and French.
- Strong capacity to analyze all logistics activities and work in a management of project mode.
- Organized, autonomous, patient, motivated, curious and flexible.
- Good listener, able to absorb a big workload, to work under pressure, within a team of 6 (six) managers in a multicultural environment.
- Self critic.
- This is an HQ position and as such is paid according to HQ compensation and benefits policies which are different from expatriate positions since the position and contract are long term
- Total cash package: Equivalent to 2 749 Euros net, after tax
- Travel costs between the employee’s country of origin and Abuja, Nigeria, unless recruited locally;
- Five weeks annual leave per year as well as a recovery system for days spent on work travels; + one additional month paid leave after 3 years at HQ
- One round trip per year between Abuja and the employee’s country of origin for the employee and her / his dependents + one individual round trip;
- One-off relocation allowance at the beginning of the contract in Abuja;
- School annual enrollment fees for children from 2 to 18, according to the ALIMA HQ policy;
- Medical cover insurance including repatriation insurance for the employee and her/ his dependents, as per the definition of our insurer.
How To Apply
Applicants should send their CV’s and answers to the following below questions (which stands for a classical cover letter) to: firstname.lastname@example.org while referncing the job title in the subject line.
- Why are you applying in light of ALIMA’s operational approach and CHARTER? https://www.alima-ngo.org/en/our-charter
- ALIMA often defines itself as transformative medical NGO. In what sense and which areas do you think this idea applies within the logistics department?
- From a classical policy enforcement to a new facilitator/support role, how will you cope with this new style of management?
- When would you be available to start?
- Reference check: please indicate the names of 2 (two) previous managers as well as 1 (one) HQ HR contact.
- Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful.
- Only full applications (CV + answer to questions) will be taken into account.