Full-time Aids Healthcare Foundation: Pharmacist Vacancy, Nasarawa Clinic Nigeria
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is a legally registered NGO operating in Nigeria. AHF Nigeria collaborates with Federal Government of Nigeria and other partner institutions, to provide technical assistance to these key stakeholders to deliver quality and comprehensive HIV/AIDS treatment, Care and Support, HIV counseling, and testing, Prevention, Nutrition and Psychosocial services to people living with HIV/AIDS.
The Job : Pharmacist
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
AMAZING INDIVIDUALS WORKING FOR POSITIVE PEOPLE at AIDS Healthcare Foundation!
Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees?
If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
AHF’s core values are to be:
- Value Employees
- Respect for Diversity
- Fight for What’s Right
STILL INTERESTED? Please continue!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Answers questions and provides information to patients and providers on drug interactions, side effects, adverse drug reactions, dosage, and storage of pharmaceuticals.
- Counsels patients on medication adherence.
- Maintains established policies and procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous waste drugs
- Manages appropriate data collection, such as client name, prescribed medication and cost, to maintain pharmacy files, charge system, and drug inventory through mentorship of staff at clinics and outposts.
- Performs a monthly stock count of pharmaceuticals at the clinic store and outpost stores;
- Supervises the pre-dispensing of prescriptions for clients who are down referred to PHC sites;
- Ensure completion and submission of accurate and auditable monthly drug reports from clinic and outposts.
- Collaborate with the Pharmacist at the central office to ensure there is adequate stock of Pharmaceuticals at the sites.
- Update Pharmacy Services Database on a monthly basis for assigned AHF sites.
- Represent AHF Nigeria at State Drug Logistics Meetings organized by the Ministry of Health.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree (B.Pharm.)
- Experience in logistics management of drugs, preferably in an NGO
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Must possess a valid license to practice as a Pharmacist.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate drug information to patients.
- Ability to communicate with other healthcare personnel in a professional manner.
- Effective public speaking skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must be duly registered with the Pharmacists’ Council of Nigeria, with a current annual practicing license.
How To Apply