Full-time AGENCE FRANÇAISE DE DÉVELOPPEMENT (AFD) Ongoing Recruitment
AGENCE FRANÇAISE DE DÉVELOPPEMENT AFD is France’s inclusive public development bank. We commit financing and technical assistance to projects that genuinely improve everyday life, both in developing and emerging countries and in the French overseas provinces.
In keeping with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, AFD works in many sectors — energy, healthcare, biodiversity, water, digital technology, professional training, among others — to assist with transitions towards a safer, more equitable, and more sustainable world : a world in common.
Through a network of 85 field offices, we currently finance,monitor, and assist more than 2,500 development projects in 108 countries.
The Job : PROJECT MANAGER
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
AFD Nigeria Agency is seeking a Volunteer for its Lagos branch for January 2018.
Under the authority of the Director and the Deputy Director of the Abuja Agency (responsible for the Lagos office), the main role of the incumbent will be to monitor AFD’s portfolio of sovereign projects in Lagos State and neighboring countries in urban development and ICT. He / she will be able to give more technical support in the training of urban projects in other geographical areas.
In this capacity, the International Volunteer will intervene on the following missions:
1. Operational monitoring of the AFD project portfolio in Lagos State and neighboring states:
- Contributing to the monitoring of projects already engaged in the urban development sector;
- Contribute to the identification, training and formalization of projects financed by sovereign or guarantee loans in the urban development sector (transport, waste management, etc.) and ICT;
- Prepare and participate in internal / external communication actions of the Agency concerning SFM projects;
- Financial analysis and monitoring of risks on sub-sovereign counterparties;
- Represent AFD to local authorities (Lagos and Limitropes States) and AFD partners (French administrations, service providers, etc.), and to ensure daily relations with AFD in its areas of competence and within the limits delegations granted by the agency management in Abuja.
2. Contribute to AFD’s strategic thinking and to the definition and implementation of sectoral policies:
- Contribute to AFD’s strategic reflection in Nigeria;
- Ensure sectoral monitoring in the sectors of integrated urban development, waste management and ICT, and updating of the corresponding sectoral notes;
- Participate in sectoral groups in these areas of intervention and in the work carried out by the authorities and donors within the framework of the sectoral coordination groups.
The assignment to Lagos is scheduled for January 2018.
- Graduate of a major engineering school or university training with a specialization in urban development and / or waste management.
- You have a good understanding of the problems of the development aid and justify a first experience in instruction or management of projects (project cycle, monitoring / evaluation, contracting …).
- You have strong knowledge in the field of urban development and / or waste management.
- You have proven professional experience in development assistance or North / South relations.
Experience in a developing country, in a position of responsibility, would be a real asset.
- Rigorous and autonomous, you have a sense of responsibility and a certain capacity for initiative.
You have good interpersonal skills and demonstrate good adaptability to a different cultural and sociological context and have good analytical and synthesis skills.
Fluency in oral and written English is required for this position.
NB: The stay of International Civilian Volunteers is regulated (to be a national of a member state of the European Union and aged under 29 years): for more information, you can log on to the website of the CIVI (Information Center for International Volunteers): www.civiweb.com
How To Apply