Full-time African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re): Assistant Human Resource Officer Recruitment
The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading pan-African reinsurance company and the largest re-insurer in Africa and the Middle East in terms of net reinsurance written premiums.
The Job : Assistant Human Resource Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Head Office, Lagos
Grade Level: Support Staff
- Reporting to the Assistant Director, Human Resource & Administration, the successful candidate who should be an HR Generalist, will support in all aspects of human resource management, including: human resource planning and policy development, talent development, management and administration, staff welfare, benefits plan administration, and reporting.
The duties of the Assistant Human Resource Officer shall comprise amongst others:
- Support with generalist HR roles, including reviewing and developing relevant Africa-Re Group Policies and Procedures and providing advice in relation to employee performance, conduct and absence management;
- Support of Africa-Re Group recruitment processes ( employee screening, selection, and interview processes and placement where required
- Maintaining contracts, personnel files and other employee information;
- Support the Talent Development unit in administering training and development programmes and liaising with external training bodies as required.
- Providing support in relation to Health, Safety & Environment;
- Support Africa-Re Group employee-related programmes, such as YIPP, work experience and internships;
- Monitor all staff employment contracts to ensure that they remain compliant with the relevant employment agreement and confirmation and renewal timelines are accurately met;
- Ensure that all job descriptions are current and related employment agreements are maintained for all new and existing employees
- Draft and or ensure that all employee correspondence, such as letters of offer, employment agreements, termination notices are issued as at when due etc.
- Support on-boarding sessions for all new employees, which will include ensuring that all relevant employee information is obtained and filed as well as developing an induction programme for new employees;
- Provide support in performance management especially the annual evaluation exercises;
- Support in the preparation of monthly Payroll and timely implementation of all agreed employee compensation, including any approved Salary Adjustments
- Completion of all administrative tasks required upon retirement, contract completion, or termination of employees;
- Support the communication of regular updates to all staff as required;
- Attending to any other duties as may be assigned by the Corporation’s management from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications And Professional Experience
Applicants must be holders of:
- University degree in a field related to Human Resource Management, such as Public Administration, Business Administration and other Social Sciences with three (3) years relevant post qualification experience;
- At least three years’ experience of working in a generalist HR environment;
- Membership of relevant professional bodies would be an added advantage
- Additional professional qualifications in Human Resource would be an added advantage.
Main Competencies Required For This Position:
- Experience in supporting managers across a variety of departments at different levels in all aspects of HR and training;
- Excellent knowledge of human resource planning, management, and administration in a 50+ employee sized organization
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation
- Proficient interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution, collaboration, facilitation, negotiation, and team building
- Computer Literate with good interactive knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Good reporting skills ,analyzing and reasoning;
- Taking initiative;
- Unquestionable integrity and proven sense of responsibility
- Proficiency in evaluating the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Understanding and practical knowledge of employment law and employer best practice
- Managing the customer relationship and Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management
- Team working & personal impact
- Attention to detail
Applicants must also be:
- Fluent in English, working knowledge of French will be an added advantage;
- Nationals of Members state of Africa-Re
- Not more than 33 years old
Salary And Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Grade Level SS2
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Children education subsidy for each child (maximum 4 children)
- Medical cover for staff and family;
- Housing Allowance;
- Transport Allowance;
- Inflation Adjustment that may increase or decrease depending on the economic situation in the duty post.
How To Apply