Full-time Administrative Assistant at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home
The Job : Administrative Assistant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Scope of Work
- The administration (Administrative Assistant) is a key Staff Position in the IRC Country Office. The Admin/HR Assist is responsible for maintaining systems that support smooth operations of field-based programs. This position is based in Maiduguri field offices.
- The Admin /HR Assistant reports to the Admin/HR Officer.
Assist the field in managing Hotels and VISAS:
- Arrangement of hotels bookings and reservations for national and international staff to the field office after receipt of approved /filled Travel Authorization Forms(TAF’s)
- Ensure that all hotels bookings are made in writing and copies of booking/accompanying TAF’s are available in Admin Office for record/tracking purposes.
- Processing and reconciliation of accommodation of hotels bookings related payments by COB every Friday.
- To prepare information packages for participants at CTactivities and calculate all subsistence allowances.
- To complete all Staff Visa application forms, gather all required documents and prepare for processing with support from the Admin/HR Officer.
Assure staff filing and administration:
- Assure staff timesheets submission and filing
- Track and monitor staff leaves, sick leaves and absences
- Assure the maintenance and updating of individual files
- Assure that all required administrative formalities are respected (staff contract registration, social security registration, medical insurance registration, etc.)
- Debrief exiting employees and complete end-of-assignment procedures.
Assist in Administration Management:
- Track and monitor all IRC offices and homes administration and maintenance.
- Manage rental agreements for offices and housing.
- Monitor renewal and termination of contracts and payments with suppliers, service providers, and lessors and assure that all are done on time.
- Track Rental agreements for offices and housing and submit to the senior Admin/HR Manager Monthly
- Assure that all facilities are well functioning, including housekeeping, office supplies, electricity, maintenance and repair, internet and other communications functions in the field office.
- Assure proper use and functionality of office equipment.
- Maintain proper records of all correspondence.
- Track and monitor subscriptions and monthly telephone and Internet communications, and assure that all are paid on time.
- Assist in procurement and distribution of monthly airtime by 30 of each month.
- Assist the field office ADM/HR Lead on travel documents processes (visa, ticket, etc.)
- Track Timesheet and report to the HR/Admin Manager by 25 of each month.
- Assist in payment for Casual Staff’s.
- Other relevant duties as assigned (of a similar nature or related and in the interest of the organization)
- University degree in a relevant field.
- Human resources or administrative qualifications desirable
- 1 year of relevant professional experience in administration / human resources
- Previous experience working with an international NGO in a cross-cultural setting, preferably in the HR sector
- Previous team experience and knowledge of team dynamics desirable
- Good inter-personal and conflict resolution skills, able to work under pressure and manage personal stress
- Strong organizational and time management skills, team-player but also able to work independently
- Able to coach and support others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Compassionate, self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic
- Able to cope with basic living conditions during field trips
- The successful candidate will combine good understanding of HR and Admin, and a can-do attitude. Ideally he/she will have previous experience in working in large-scale emergency programs in insecure and conflict-affected contexts.
Monthly salary, 13Month Salary Inclusive, Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit their applications addressed to the “Country Director IRC” via: [email protected] Hand delivered application should be submitted to our field office in Maiduguri
All applications must include the position title in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity organization and we encourage residents in Borno and surrounding to apply for this position.