Full-time Admin Supervisor at The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an international medical organization, founded in 2009. ALIMA’s aim is to provide a high standard of healthcare in situations of emergency or medical disaster and to improve the practice of humanitarian medicine by developing innovative projects associated with medical research. The specific feature of the association is to base its operating methods mainly on partnership with national medical players. By pooling and capitalizing on their skills, ALIMA and its partners give as many people as possible access to a high standard of treatment.
The Job : Admin Supervisor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Place of work: Askira, Borno State
Position Level: 6
Direct Supervisor: HR Manager
Main Function (s): The Admin Supervisor is responsible for the management of the administrative files of the national staff and the administrative and accounting management of the project where he works.
MISSION AND PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES
I. ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT OF PERSONNEL
- Assigns work, provides direction to staff and ensures that assigned tasks are completed. Ensures effective and appropriate staff coverage.
- Monitors the performance of staff. Provides feedback on their performance and conducts performance evaluation.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff by performing duties such as advertising vacancies locally, screening resumes, interviewing applicants and providing input on selection.
- Evaluates, develops and recommends office procedures and practices to senior management. Ensures that approved office policies, practices and procedures are understood and followed.
- Performs a variety of secretarial duties such as drafting and typing routine correspondence, arranging meetings and taking minutes.
- Maintains a variety of financial records such as petty cash fund, purchase orders and cheque requisitions. Provides input into budget formulation.
- Maintains staff and program information using spreadsheet and/or database software.
- Performs other related duties as required.
II. PAYROLL MANAGEMENT
- He captures the variable elements of the payroll in Homer
- He validates the requests of instalments and records them on Homer,
- He collects the attendance sheets and notes the various absences, collects overtime cards and checks their validity, and enters these in the Homer payroll software
He/she establishes the monthly pay slips
- It publishes the ballots and verifies that each ballot is correctly established,
- He has checked and targeted salary listings by the logistician-administration or field administration manager,
- It prints the bulletins and closes the pay of the month.
At the end of the contract, he establishes the balances of all accounts
- It verifies the rights to paid holidays, enters the variable elements of the salary into the payroll software,
- He/she prints payslips and gives to staffs and files acknowledged copy
- He causes these elements to be targeted and transmitted to the employee.
III. ADMINISTRATIVE AND ACCOUNTING MANAGEMENT
He/she in charge of accounting management under the supervision of the logistics and administration manager and under the responsibility of the Accountant, in strict compliance with ALIMA internal procedures
He reports the inconsistencies to the Accounting Coordinator or the Field Administration Coordinator.
IV. MONEY MANAGEMENT
He/she is responsible for the sums entrusted to him in his safe and manages them with discretion
- Maintains follow-up workbooks (for operational advances, payroll, suppliers’ advances) and ensures that advances are delivered on time, justified by invoices and do not accumulate,
- Ensures at least weekly that his physical inventory corresponds to the balance of his workbook in the presence of his supervisor,
- Checks the balance of bank statements,
- Signs any difference in cash on his notebook and his manager as soon as he finds it.
- Plans cash demands based on daily needs during the month (payday advances, month-end pay, daily needs – operational advances and direct payment
- Provides monthly cash flow with its supervisor and communicates it to the financial coordinator,
- Signals with his supervisor any operational changes that may require additional funds.
He shall pay the suppliers on time (direct payment / operational advances),
- Receives invoices and receipts, ensures that they are consistent and conform, that they are validated by the purchasing officer and in accordance with the purchasing procedure in force,
- Informs his supervisor of any difference in price and quantity detected in order to resolve or validate it,
- Pay by the most appropriate means (cash, checks, transfers) and ensure that they are received by the recipient (stamp, signature …).
Remains discreet about the professional and personal life of team members
The responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and other work may be requested depending on the needs of the mission.
ALIMA is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted
How To Apply