Full-time Action Against Hunger: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager Vacancy
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Job : Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
This Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will be based in Damaturu, Yobe State and reports directly to the Field Coordinator. The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager supports the implementation of monitoring and evaluation component of all programs and projects in Yobe state and also provides accountability to ensure efficiency in project deliverables.
The tasks and responsibilities includes;
- Monitor grant activities and ensure that the organization’s project complies with donor performance reporting requirements.
- Conduct needs assessments to identify necessary changes and future opportunities, DQAs, baseline and end line studies, post distribution monitoring knowledge attitude and practice surveys.
- Participate in the management and administration of the electronic cash platform (Redrose).
- Develop Terms of Reference for assessments, internal reviews and validate project data.
- Develop quarterly reporting with other members of the team including general management of the mission accountability framework (CRM) in Damaturu.
- Contribute to the learning process through documentation of case studies and success stories and also support the mission annual beneficiary count process.
- Provide on the job training, coaching and organized sessions to staff and other partners.
- Lead the preparation of comprehensive M&E plans for each project to capture quantitative and qualitative data for project performance tracking and reporting.
- Promote the use of participatory data collection techniques involving beneficiaries, institutions and partners in the project.
- Develop and revise internal and external reports ensuring compliance with donor requirements and that reports reflect an actual representation of field implementation activities and results based on M&E findings.
- Manage the centralized information database by regularly updating contextual information dashboard with current, explicit data and statistics to support during regional situational analysis, program updates, concepts and proposal development.
The successful candidate will have;
- A degree or equivalent in social sciences, statistics, Development studies International relations, mathematics, business administration or computer science, with relevant experience in information management including data analysis and GIS in emergency or development sector.
- At least four years of experience working with NGOs covering multi-sectorial programming.
- The ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy.
- Knowledge and experience in qualitative and quantitative data management techniques including proficient use of SPSS, STATA, Epi-info softwares.
- Experience in project monitoring and evaluation with special emphasis on activity monitoring, data management including data collection, analysis and storage.
- Excellent written and spoken English, including the ability to write clear and engaging reports.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Understanding of social behavior change and nutrition sensitive programming preferably.
How To Apply