Full-time Action Against Hunger | ACF-International: Procurement Officer Vacancy
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Job : Procurement Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Monguno, Borno
- The Procurement Officer will be based in Damaturu, Yobe State and report to the Logistics Manager.
- The Procurement Officer is in charge of preparing and collecting all documentation whilst ensuring compliance with Action Against Hunger procedures.
- He/she will liaise with suppliers on daily basis, conduct market assessments, request quotations, evaluate supplier bids and follow up on procurement authorization, delivery schedules and supplier payments.
- Receive and process Purchase Requests (PR) on reception frequencies.
- Provide support in market analysis.
- Follow the mission’s procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of inventory and incoming purchases and supplies, and be responsible for approving purchases.
- Ensure best available prices & quality, collect quotations, suppliers references.
- Ensure that PR includes all required specifications and supporting documents.
- Update and share the Procurement Follow Up (PFU) on weekly basis and monitor deliveries to the department/bases/programs
- Follow up the importation and clearance process of international shipments.
- Prepare purchase contract or Supplier Purchase Order (SPO) and coordinate with suppliers during the delivery of the goods and services.
- Arrange tender and other procurement meetings and take minutes.
- Ensure all purchasing dossiers are complete and properly filled before archiving.
- Update the price catalogue with new purchase prices and/or suppliers or at least every two months.
- Prepare procurement dossiers for framework agreements and contract and update relevant monitoring tools (Procurement Follow Up and Contract Follow Up).
- Liaise with contractors to ensure compliance with the contract, including initial meeting.
- Collect and prepare supporting documents related to contract implementation or modification.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Logistics, Procurement or other related field.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy and systems.
- Two (2) years previous experience as procurement officer or related position.
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels, multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Rigorous, with strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Previous experience working for NGOs an asset, particularly international and/or health related NGOs.
- Be in one or more national/regional languages.
How To Apply