Graduate Action Against Hunger: Community Mobilization Officer – Youth Employment Recruitment
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Job : Community Mobilization Officer – Youth Employment
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Monguno, Borno
Programmes – FSL Entry Level
- The position is based in Monguno, Borno State and reports to the Sector Manager.
- The RESILAC project, “Lake Chad Inclusive Economic and Social Recovery” aim to provide a response combining emergency, rehabilitation and recovery in the Lake Chad region (bordering with Cameroon, Niger, Nigeria and Chad) – an area affected by an economic and social crisis, recurring climate shocks and a regional security crisis.
- The project has received support from the French Development Agency and the European Union (via the EU Emergency Trust Fund for Africa).
- The Community Mobilization Officer -Youth Employment will play a key role in implementing activities related to youth employment with specific attention to women.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the Sector Manager in implementing mobilization, training, Income Generation Activities (IGA) in line with the work plan.
- Implement the stakeholders engagement strategy at field level.
- Participate in budget forecasting, detailed work planning, monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Implement the activities under Pillar 2.2 at the LGA level which includes community mobilization and sensitization, targeting, management of relations with professional training institutions and agribusiness private sector stakeholders, organization of professional trainings for young beneficiaries, IGA activities etc.
- Liaise with LGA officials to share plan and implementation of the project activities.
- Manage the community mobilization assistants to ensure compliance, technical quality and coherence in all Action Against Hunger activities on the ground.
- Provide training, and orientation to target communities regarding Action Against Hunger Project and other part of mobilization activities of the project as well as providing guidelines and training to field assistants for effective community mobilization at the local government area level.
- Ensure tracking and reporting of the project activities.
- Contribute to the development of internal and donor activity reports.
- Provide relevant information to enable progress and impact analysis, quality assurance oversight, context analysis etc.
- Develop clear work plans and schedule regular meetings to oversee progress against Pillar targets and to ensure adherence to program’s mission and standards.
- Degree in Economics, Business management, Social sciences, Agriculture, Education and other relevant degrees.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in humanitarian context.
- Previous experience with professional training and employment programs either in Government or NGO sector.
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel to villages and stay at the field.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions like long distance walking to screening sites.
- Experience with professional training / Income Generating Activities (IGA) and projects would be an asset.
- Ability to work in an environment where there are physical discomforts associated with change in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust or dirt.
- Proficiency with either of local languages (Hausa, Kanuri, Fulani).
How To Apply