Full-time Accountant at Nicole Sinclair Consulting
Nicole Sinclair Consulting – Our client is a hotel based in Abuja in need of a chartered accountant to help deliver on corporate objectives
The Job : Accountant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Coordinates daily banking deposits and withdrawal which include, daily updates of online guest deposit, monitoring of withdrawals and cheques status.
- Liaise with the bank officers on issue relating to the company
- Liaise with other departments on operational payments and retirements matters.
- Ensure that the finance Policies and Procedures are strictly adhered to
- Timely collation of due bills, initiate all payments, after all the internal controls have been followed and completed.
- Advises the management of the company on cash liquidity status
- Ensure effective debt recovery
- Oversee the preparation of staff salaries and other emoluments on monthly and yearly basis.
- Responsible for set up and maintaining a payroll Pensions, PAYE, Benefits, Allowances in the company software.
- Liaise with PFA’s on staff pension entitlements after disengagement from the company’s payroll.
- Prepares the monitoring reports such as budgets and monitors the matching of expenditures with incomes in accordance with the budget, critically review the variances and advice the management accordingly.
- Organizes good Credit policy and report on implementation credit controls measures.
- Attendance and provision of explanation on issues raised by the Internal Revenue Service during the course of tax audit, co-ordination of employees related tax forms for the issuance of Tax Clearance Certificate and tax deductions cards and arrange for reconciliation when the need arises.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and yearly management accounts reports that would be sufficient for planning and taking financial decision by the management staff and the Directors.
- Works with the company’s auditors periodically, to carry out their routine checks and ensure that issues in letter of weakness are being attended to before the next financial year. Ensure that, the audited reports agree with the software reports after each audit exercise.
- Commercial responsibility include, enhance the effectiveness of the organization policies and controls on the pricing and selling strategies with timely empirical analysis. Ensure that all selling metric would lead to a better turnover through clear computations and analysis.
- Advice on available tax advantage both to the company and the Directors.
- Supervises daily income and expenses postings into the various ledger.
- Perform review of the work done by all other account staffs to ensure accuracy in all the company’s ledgers.
- Reconciliation of all dollar cash and bank accounts.
- Maintain directors ledgers; investments, payments and drawings.
- Preparation a reports on the company’s liabilities from time to time.
- Advise the vendors on various relevant withholding taxes
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Between 5-7 years of related work experience is required.
- Must be a chartered accountant
- Astute use of Sage accounting soft ware a strong advantage
- Supervisory experience required
- Ability to work to strict deadlines, Ability to deliver quality and accurate output.
How To Apply