Full-time Accountant at PorkMoney.com
PorkMoney.com – We are the leading pig farming enterprise in West Africa. Our objective is welcoming financial partnership from any interested persons around the world. Partners’ funds sponsor the purchase and breeding of pigs till maturation. The pigs are then processed, packaged and sold after 11 months.
The Job : Accountant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
General Summary & Scope
- Our General Accounting department is seeking a Disbursement Auditor to perform independent review of various cash and accounts payable accounting functions.
- Perform journal entries and account reconciliations related to cash, payroll, and gift cards.
- Assist with internal control compliance and various audits.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Audit account payable checks, verifying accuracy of vendor names, amounts, addresses, authorizations, and other key payment information.
- Review bi-weekly check proposals to identify inappropriate transactions in conjunction with the disbursement audit process, primarily by verifying appropriate authorization of new vendors.
- Reconcile all vendor additions, deletions, and changes in Accounts Payable against the monthly vendor change report.
- Review bi-weekly duplicate A/P payment reports; investigate and resolve potential duplicate payments prior to release of payment.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of store bank accounts.
- Post payroll journal entries and prepare account reconciliations.
- Help ensure compliance with internal control policies and procedures and perform other routine and non-routine functions as assigned by management.
- Evaluate the company’s internal control environment and assess the design, effectiveness and adequacy of key systems and processes based on walk throughs and transaction compliance testing
- Evaluate audit findings and determine cost effective solutions and process improvements for recommendation to management
- Foster collaborative relationships across all lines and levels of company personnel
- Lead assigned projects by providing direction to team members, reviewing work papers and issuing written review notes; reviewing and finalizing audit reports; ensuring all work is consistent with generally accepted auditing standards, as well as established departmental standards
- Development of audit techniques and training materials to meet the objectives of the Internal Audit Department
- Other responsibilites may be assigned as necessary.
- Ethics and Integrity
- Ability to work independently, with limited direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Adaptable to change / learns quickly
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; comfortable communicating in a clear, articulate manner, whether in written or verbal form
- Exposure to Information Technology audit concepts and audit techniques preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- CPA, CIA or similar professional certification preferred.
How To Apply