Full-time Accion Microfinance Bank Limited: Resident Branch Controller Vacancy
Accion Microfinance Bank Limited – Established in 2006, began operations in May 2007 on license from the Central Bank of Nigeria. Our management team comprises seasoned and distinguished professionals from diverse backgrounds complemented by the expertise of our technical partners, ACCION International. At Accion Microfinance Bank our core values, business philosophy and methodology distinguish us as one of the leading microfinance banks in Nigeria.
The Job : Resident Branch Controller
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ariaria- Abia /Nnewi-Anambra
Reports to: Head, Risk and Internal Control
- Working in the employment of ACCION Microfinance Bank Limited, the employee will hold the Resident Branch Controller position with direct reporting line to Residence Control Manager. He shall be responsible for conceptual ownership of all management processes in operations within the branch(s) of the bank.
- He shall also ensure adequate compliance to information technology industry standards by the bank. He will identify potential risks inherent in the established procedures within these areas of his responsibility and Identify appropriate mitigating control measures against such risks. Where necessary control measures are not yet in place, the employee shall also have the responsibility to design appropriate controls for management approval and subsequent implementations.
- In this capacity the incumbent will be key support to the management and serves as the eye of the HOD, Internal Control and Compliance in ensuring all employees of the branch comply with laid down rules and procedures in the performance of the their assigned roles.
- In essence, his duties shall focus on ensuring the assets of the branch are safeguarded and ensuring the integrity of the branch records.
Job Duties and Responsibility
- Ensure branch staff compliance with internal code of conduct, Policy/Procedure and Regulations.
- Ensure that all activities as stipulated in the control checklist are performed by branch
- Provide Control and Compliance Counseling, Advisory and Decision Support Service to branch
- Educate and train staffs on compliance issues, Improve compliance culture in the assigned branch
- Build strong KYC compliance environment in the assigned branch ie ensure capturing of all valid KYC documents in the core banking application through regular review of account opening and documentation both on clients files and on the system
- Review credit files and escalate all risk observed.
- Carryout unannounced visits to client’s business location after loan disbursement.
- Ensure daily call over of all Till transactions (which include but not limited to deposit/withdrawal slip, cheque slips, funds transfer) within 24hours of posting and where practicable online same day.
- Daily review of ATM card and PIN management or any other related reviews to ensure irregularities are discovered and escalated promptly.
- Ensure integrity of transactions and GL accounts in the branch through daily review of the branch GL balance report and escalate any major deviation from standard.
- Ensure prompt resolution of all recommendations in internal audit report, regulatory examiners report and other statutory examiners report involving the branch under your purview
- Conduct special investigation as maybe directed by the head Risk and Internal Control
- Ensure prompt and qualitative rendition of relevant reports which include but not limited to Weekly Activity Report, Vault balancing Report, Downtime Report, Risk Event Report.
- Any other job as assigned by the head Risk and Internal Control.
Key Performance Measures
- Control Adequacy rating from Internal Audit.
- Promptness and effectiveness of call over of transactions.
- Quantum of undetected regulatory/statutory infractions from External Auditor and Regulators’ reports.
- Quality and Timeliness of losses and loss events reporting in processing areas
- Undetected Income leakage/P&L reversal arising from undetected processing errors
- Integrity of the GL accounts in the Business offices of the region.
- Promptness, Accuracy and Validity of Exception Reporting/Rendition of all Control Activity Reports
- Effectiveness at follow up to ensure that Internal Audit recommendations are implemented
Qualification and Experience
Degrees & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience.
- ICAN AAT, PE1 or ACA is an added advantage.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Good Knowledge of risk management
- Good knowledge of information technology is very important in order to interact with different applications, especially Microsoft tools.
How To Apply