Full-time ABT Associates: Technical Specialist 10 / SHOPS Plus Nigeria M&E Advisor Vacancy
Abt Associates – The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
The Job : Technical Specialist 10 / SHOPS Plus Nigeria M&E Advisor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Abt Associates seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor for a tuberculosis (TB) service expansion project in Nigeria under SHOPS Plus.
- SHOPS Plus is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health.
- The project seeks to harness the full potential of the private sector and catalyze public-private engagement to improve health outcomes in TB, family planning, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, and other health areas.
- In Nigeria, SHOPS Plus will capacitate private providers to scale up tuberculosis case finding, diagnosis, treatment and reporting in Lagos and Kano States.
- The M&E Advisor will support implementation of a TB services expansion project that will increase availability of TB services in the private sector, improve flow of suspected TB patients into detection and treatment centers, improve the quality of private sector TB services, and strengthen health systems to foster and sustain Public Private Mix (PPM) models for TB care.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- With support from home office experts, develop the project’s monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) plan and implement on-going project monitoring and data collection activities related to the MEL plan.
- Design and implement the project evaluation and research plan to include any needed formative research to inform activity design, research to pilot new approaches, and evaluations (process and/or impact).
- Participate in the design and implementation of data collection, analysis, reporting, and use of Management Information Systems (MIS) for project research activities.
- Guide efforts to interpret research findings and use them to inform evidence-based program design and implementation.
- Support efforts to develop an overall monitoring and evaluation framework and processes to measure, assess, and report on project results.
- Synthesize findings and implications from relevant grey and published literature; analyze publically available data (census, NFHS, Indian Readership Survey, etc) to inform program design.
- Synthesize research and monitoring and evaluation findings and communicate key findings to SHOPS Plus staff and USAID.
- Develop SOWs and contribute to the procurement process for hiring research firms, providing day-to-day oversight and supervision of hired research firms.
- Use appropriate statistical techniques for determining sample selection and analytical approaches for research studies.
- (6+) years of experience and a Master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites:
- Masters degree in Public Health, Demography, Statistics, Economics, or a related field
- 6 years of professional experience
- Experience in conducting and managing qualitative and quantitative research, monitoring, and evaluation activities
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, with demonstrated attention to detail
- Direct experience supporting USAID or other donor-funded health projects preferred
- Experience conducting research for TB projects preferred.
Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
How To Apply