Full-time Abt Associates: Administrative Assistant 7 – SHOPS Plus Vacancy
Abt Associates – The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
The Job : Administrative Assistant 7 – SHOPS Plus
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Req Id: 54121
- Abt Associates seeks an Administrative Assistant to support a Tuberculosis project under SHOPS Plus. SHOPS Plus is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health.
- The project seeks to harness the full potential of the private sector and catalyze public-private engagement to improve health outcomes in TB, family planning, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, and other health areas.
- In Nigeria, SHOPS Plus will increase the availability of and access to TB services in the private sector by establishing a network of private providers from different cadres (clinicians, PPMVs, community pharmacists (CPs) and labs) to detect, diagnose, and successfully follow up and/or treat TB. SHOPS Plus will work in the states of Lagos and Kano.
- These two large states have high TB burdens as well as a high level of private sector activity
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the TB technical director, the Admin. Assistant will provide a full range of administrative support for technical team including:
- Preparing and managing schedules
- Official correspondence and follow-up
- Organizing logistics for training and other events
- Tracking budgets, managing cash advances and obtaining receipts
- Maintaining excellent documentation and filing
- Knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software.
- Ability to assess problems and develop solutions.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills and excellent organization skills.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field, at least 3 years’ experience providing administrative support for managers and/or teams
- Excellent organizational skills and oral and written communications skills in English
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft applications
- Previous experience with USAID projects or other agencies preferred.
- (3+) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
How To Apply