How to Write a Great Personal Statement Essay Fast and Easy
If you are applying for college and need to write a personal statement essay, then you should read this article to learn how to write a perfect one yourself!
How to Compose a Great Personal Statement Essay Fast and Easy!
So, you’re a college applicant and you were given a task to write a personal statement essay. But not only you don’t know how to write a good one, but perhaps you may even not know what a personal essay even is! And more importantly – how to write the kind of essay which will persuade the college admission committee to accept you to your future alma mater without any questions.
A personal statement essay is the first thing that tells the college admission officers who you are. So the obvious question you may ask is, “How am I going to do it? How am I going to write my personal statement essay that will appeal to the admission committee?” This is when out article becomes quite handy!
This article will give you the most practical advice on:
- What to write in your personal statement essay
- How to make it interesting to the admission committee
- How to turn this writing task into a very interesting and creative little adventure of yours
The Best Advice for Writing Your Winning College Application Personal Statement Essay
Writing a personal statement essay may seem to be an uneasy task, especially for those who rarely express themselves on paper. But don’t despair! If you believe in yourself and read our article attentively – you will most likely achieve your goal and enter the college of your dreams!
- The Essay Prompt Is Important. The essay prompt is a question or task which you have to answer or explore in your paper. It may be of various topics, such as “What do you think of Global warming?”, “What plays the most important role in your life?”, “Who made a major impact on your life?” and so on and so for.
It is meant not only to test your creativity but also to find out what sort of person you are and what makes you an ideal applicant for the college committee. So what’s the best advice? Try to be honest and answer the given question with all your sincerity. And remember – where you can be creative so use this to your advantage.
- Finding the Perfect Idea. Brainstorming is perhaps the most important part of your writing strategy because it lets you decide what you are going to write about.
You shouldn’t hurry. Think. Let your mind analyze every idea with its pros and cons. And then you select the best one of them. You will feel which one is right.
And keep in mind one thing: whatever the topic is, it always has one purpose – it’s meant to let you open yourself to the world and share all your thoughts and opinions. It’s not the topic, nor even the essay they’re interested in – they’re interested in you!
- Structure Your Writing. A perfect plan is often considered to be the key factor that makes anything successful, and a personal statement essay is no exception. You should make a plan of your essay. It will not only make your job easier, but it will also help you to keep focused on the topic.
The beginning is the essential part or the first sentence, to be more specific. It must be some grappling hook that drags people’s attention. It has to persuade them to read the rest of the article. So do your best here. You can start, for example, with a quote or a provocative question which motivates the reader to read further.
- Have Somebody Else Read Your Masterpiece. The best way to find out how people will react to your essay is to give it to them to read. It can be anyone – you significant other, parents, friends, colleagues or whoever you trust.
They will not only tell you what should be improved and mark your errors, but they may also give you some good ideas that will increase the quality of your content and thus – your chances of entering a college.
- Finishing Touches. Before submitting your personal statement, you should definitely give it to an editor. He or she will not only correct mistakes, typos, and other orthographical flaws, but also make your essay more aesthetic and readable.
We are judged by the way we look and what we wear. Same is with your personal statement. You definitely want it to look appealing to the committee.
So, we do hope that this article was helpful to you. Now you know not only what a personal statement essay is but you also have a general idea of how to write a great one. We wish you all the best of luck in this and all your future endeavors!