Graduate Visa Assistants Vacancy U.S. Embassy
The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidate for the position in the Consular Section (CONS):
[su_tabs][su_tab title=”Jobs In Nigeria”]The Job : Visa Assistant, FSN-06/FP-08*, U.S. Embassy
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Abuja, Nigeria[/su_tab]
- Incumbent acts as a full NIV Team member, performing difficult and responsible clerical and related work, pertaining to the full range of non – immigrant Visa services.
- The incumbent performs relevant clerical duties involved in the delivering of Visa services within the non-immigrant Visa Unit of the Consular Section, in accordance with Unit Standard Operating procedures and established visa processing guidelines.
Note: All applicants Must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- A University degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration or Liberal Arts is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year administrative and customer service work experience in a busy office environment.
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested. Level III (Good working knowledge) of one other local language (Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba) is required.
- General knowledge of U.S. Embassy and Consular Section functions is required.
- Proficiency in MS Word, spreadsheets and use of consular application, and accurate data entry skills are required.
- When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a
- When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
Or Ordinarily Resident (Or) – N3,591,291 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-06
- In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Nor – Not-Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$36,837 p.a. EFM/MOH – US$31,614 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-08*
Application Closing Date
2nd March, 2016
How To Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application to: [email protected]
Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for Consideration. A U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does have to Be assigned officially to post.